Friday, April 16, 2010

Thematic Connections

In class today there have been different value statements that was brought about, in which people in the class took different stands on. One that I strongly disagree with is statement that " Prozac and other psychological drugs are used much like Soma is used in Brave New World to make "diffcult" people less of a burden on society.

When people take drugs or Soma I dont think it takes the burden off society, because the people that drink or do drugs hurts the society. I know personally that I dont want to see people dragging themselves around my community or doing stupid actions just because they're not thinking properly. Also I believe people become diffcult when they take pills or drugs just to deal with problems. Life isn't easy everything cant be sweet and given to one at his or her feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment