Thursday, February 18, 2010

Was it worth going against the Feed?

This week I have learn about a man named Henry Thoreau. He wanted to live deliberately so he went against the norm of what everyone else was doing. He went to the woods for a year and had no type of technology. Now I know I could nto hve done that. I use technology to much to go without it for a whole year :(. However the book Feed relates to something that Thoreau have done in the woods. Its like he had resist the feed. This relates to the character in the book named Violet. She was a powerful person that wanted to go against the feed and not like it control her actions anymore. However towards the end of the book Violet needed the Feed to survive. I was funny because the feed could dectect that she wasn going against it. The feed had a mind of its own and it left her to suffer, so was it worth resisting the Feed?

Overall, the book was interesting because I could compare the book to my life. If someone had a chip in my head it would be very weired. I like to control what I do. Having someone talking to me in my head would be very retarted. The feed was a device that should not have used but thats not what the corps though. They bascially controlled everything from emtions, clothing, hair styles, how u think and what u eat. The Feed should me that one doesnt have to need the Feed one can manage on his or her own. Meaning that sometimes people dont have to rely on technology that much.

5 comments:

  1. I like your connection between Violet and Thoreau. I think they do share many common characteristics in their desire to resist the cultural norm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Violert and Thoreau are very similar due to the fact that they do not trust the feed, but yet Violet is still almost addicted to it. Whenever her feed was having errors, she started to get all beside herself and panic. This is a sign of weakness and that she did like the feed too. I say that the feed is already here with us. With the technological advances that are being made everyday, heck one day we might have a feed istalled in all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked your comparison. It makes you think and question everything, and makes you feel as though we are already being controlled by an outside force and that is scary. I also like thinking and doing things for myself and i wouldn't like having a chip in my head that did all of that for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, i dont think dying was going against the feed. Having the feed in our heads would be like being a robot, controlling our emotions and thoughts. This a crazy idea, maybe we should all be more like Throeau before this happens to us and were like robots!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you and I feel like it would be scary to have a device in our head that controls us and our wants and desires.

    ReplyDelete